Tiled roof is a protective part of the house, an indispensable part, so how is the roofing process? When roofing tiles we need to pay attention to what? With my experience, MOIVAONHATOI would like to introduce you to the most standard tile roofing process today (updated 2020).
Before entering the roofing process, we must have a good understanding of the structure of the tile roof to ensure that when roofing tiles, we have all the necessary parts. The structure of the tile roof includes:
- Hoanh is: main beams supporting the roof horizontally along the length of the house, perpendicular to the house frame
- Rui is: intermediate auxiliary beams, placed along the roof slope (orthogonal to the diaphragm), overlapping the horizontal system.
- Sesame is: small auxiliary beams, placed orthogonal to the dui, parallel to the diaphragm, overlapping the dui system. the distance between the battens is the smallest, just enough for roofing. The use of diaphragm - dui - sesame structure system is to divide the span of the supporting structure into a mesh system just enough to pave the crest brick layer and roof the tiles above.
THE BEST ROOF TILES USED TODAY
Another step before entering the roofing process is to have a clear understanding of the type of tile you want to use for your house. Currently on the market there are two popular types of tiles: terracotta tiles, and colored tiles
Terracotta tile is also known as baked tile, clay tile, baked clay tile,… This is a traditional material used very popularly in many rural housing models.
TILES OF COLOR
Colored tiles are used frequently today. As the name suggests, this tile comes in a variety of colors to choose from.
The roofing process generally consists of the following 6 main steps:
STEP 1: Pay attention to the speed of the roof
Paying attention to the roof thickness is an important step in the roofing process. Accordingly, this first step includes the following specifications:
- The roof slope is 30 degrees, which means that for every 1m measured horizontally, the rafter must be raised to 0.57m
- The 30 degree slope allows for the maximum downstream of the tile roof to be 10m.
- The 45 degree slope is from 10m to 15m down the tiled roof.
- Slopes above 45 to 60 degrees have unlimited downward tiled roof.
- Measure the length "L" from the first row of arms to the row of arms at the roof, take the length "L" by 280 to 300 to calculate the number of attacks. (R <= 320).
- The height of the top of the swing, should ultimately be 25 higher than the top of the swing.
- The distance between two cups (center connection) is uniform, ranging from 340 to 360mm. This distance must be uniform throughout the entire tile roof truss frame, ensuring that the cups are designed and installed in parallel. Divide the bowl from the top of the split roof.
- Note: Length “L” depends on slope and roof length. The two arms on the roof keep a distance of 4-6cm. Order the first arm by taking the distance from the heart of the final two L arm from 28-32cm (depending on the length and slope that we arrange).
- Fully roof a row under the standard, then continue to roof. Roofing tiles in a segmented way from the bottom up. For every 10 tablets put 1 plumb wire from top to bottom to make sure they are aligned. Roofing from right to left, the first tile must be placed at the right corner 3cm from the seat edge of the rafter. Nail each tile at the top to the clasp with 5cm nails for the wooden clasp or 5cm screws for the metal swing.
- Tiling tiles turn from right to left, from bottom to top.
STEP 2: ATTENTION ON TILE INSTALLATION SPACE
In the roofing process, the distance of the roofing is very important that you need to keep in mind:
- For the current corrugated tiles, the tiles should not be too tight according to the existing circuit because when roofing, the roof temperature increases, causing expansion phenomenon. When it expands because of heat, the tiles will be stretched to the left and right. At the same time, the position between the tiles will be shifted (channeled) up from the original roofing position, which will easily cause tile breakage. Therefore, the first note is to roof tiles with the right distance.
- The spacing is adequate for current large or small wave tiles ranging from 0.7 to 1.2mm. The necessary operation of the worker when roofing tiles is to "shake lightly" when placing each tile on the sesame. When gently shaken before placing, the tiles will be placed in a tight enough distance but not too tight, with enough space for the tile to expand heat. You will wonder how shaking is considered sufficient for roof tiles, which will depend quite a lot on the experience and skill of the roofer.
STEP 3: CAUTION MOVING ON THE ROOF AVOID TILES, DRAWINGS
When performing the steps in the roofing process, the workers have to constantly move on the roof, so the broken or broken roof can occur at any time. So we have separate step 3 to guide you to avoid this mistake:
- When stepping on the tiled roof, many people often do not pay attention to the step position, which is both dangerous during construction and easily causes tile breakage. When stepping on the tile roof, it is necessary to step up to the tile tip position, to avoid stepping on the ledges where the 2 tiles are contiguous.
STEP 4: HOW TO INSTALL THE TILE
- In the roofing process, the last tile at the end is roofed first, when attaching the last tile, pay attention that it covers all the length of the main tile in the first row. It is recommended to drill the nail holes in the tile body at the end of the edge before mounting the screws. All edge tiles must be screwed securely to the battens through the nail hole position on the tile body. When roofing tiles, you must ensure that the edge tiles cover the entire roof edge, the big end of the top edge tile overlaps the small end of the lower edge tile.
- At the intersection of the edge of the tile and the roof of the tile, use the last tile so that the 2 edge tiles are as close together as possible. Pay special attention in the way of roofing the roof tile for the edge tile, should not use mortar to attach the edge tile because the mortar will easily dry when it hardens. It is also difficult to clean the tiled roof after finishing, which requires additional labor.
STEP 5: INSTALLATION OF ROOF, TILE AND END TILE
- Put the tiles at the end of the roof or the roof before going to the roofing process. The roof tile will be roofed next. The roof tiles, the roof ends and the end of the roof are linked by coarse plastic mortar at the foot of the tile border. When the mortar is hard enough, remove the excess mortar from the steel and smooth it.
STEP 6: CLEANING AND COMPLETING THE ROOF
- And the last indispensable step in the roofing process is to clean the plaster on the tile surface. In addition, you can use paint to protect the tile and increase the gloss of the tile roof.
Above are the basic steps and notes in the process of roofing mais tile. Hope you have a firm grasp of this knowledge to supervise workers when constructing roofing tiles.